The Day It All Changed

The journey I am about to embark on is not going to be easy. But I will do it. I've hit a metaphorical brick wall on my playful journey through this thing that they call life. The current path I am on is no longer serving me so it's bye bye consumerism and hello old school living. Just saying that brings ease to my old soul. 

I'm turning to sustainable living, mindful living, and surrounding myself with less so that I can do more. Join me on my journey if you want but only if it serves your own purpose. I've created this blog for my family and me's own record but I very much welcome you along on the journey if you so wish. 


To get started on my new path I've decided to make a digital vision board of where I would like to be and added it below, along with how I plan on achieving them (on some). This will be an ever-evolving list and is in no way set in stone. 



Become a Birth/ Candid Photographer

☆ take my camera with me on adventures 
☆ snap candid photos to improve my skill
☆ take a course on birth photography (in progress)
☆ save for a better camera body that can handle birth lighting



Digital Declutter

☆ be aware of the longevity of digital content (this is why most photos on here are not my own) 
☆ go through ALL my digital files and delete what doesn't make my life better
☆ be conscious of what space I use on digital platforms
☆ label all of my digital files appropriately
☆ sort out my cloud storage




Enjoy the Moment (Phoneless)

☆ let family and friends know that they are welcome to just pop in, no digital communication needed. You are my loved ones and my door is always open.
☆ delete all the emotionally draining social media apps 

☆ turn my phone on flight mode as much as possible 

☆ turn off all notifications 






Grow My Own Garden
☆put love and time into the garden
☆research how to start a garden
☆build my own garden


Buy a House 
☆almost there on this one!


Buy a Rental House 
☆ continue to work on what I love
☆ put aside savings for this
☆ believe I can get there


Learn about Nutrition
☆become relatively self-sufficient
☆do a degree in nutrition


Only Give Thought Based Non-Clutter Gifts

Physical Declutter
☆ don't "stock up" on items I don't need to stock up on
☆ read up on how to properly declutter my life

☆ put a no junk mail sign on the letterbox
☆ declutter the house little by little
☆ say NO when given freebies etc.


Start a Nest Egg



Spend More Time With Loved Ones
☆ make a big effort to see loved ones on a regular basis 

☆ be completely present when with loved ones 


Comments

Popular Posts